7-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 5 1/3 ounces strawberries, chopped (optional or can swap for other fruit, nuts or chocolate)
Firstly pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a food processor.
Now add the peanut butter, maple, buckwheat flour, baking powder, milk and a pinch of salt and blend making sure to push down the edges to make a smooth mix. This can take a couple minutes.
Line a baking tin (this recipe used a 9 by 9-inch square) with baking paper and spoon in half the mix pushing in some chopped strawberries.
Pour in the rest of the mix and smooth over the top and finally top with extra strawberries
Place in the oven for 20 minutes (this can vary depending on how thick you make them, these are roughly 1 inch thick).
Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes and then slice into squares.
You can swap the strawberries with either fruit, nuts or chocolate.