Want to make something quick but at the same time healthy and beautiful for a party (or for yourself)? These vegan chocolate cake pops are the hit – they’re completely wholesome, gluten-free and the recipe asks only for 4 ingredients!
4-Ingredient Chocolate Cake Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 heaping cup dried dates
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon of crushed, freeze-dried raspberries (or any other sour berries)
- 12 wooden lollypop sticks
- In a blender add almonds and blend until the nuts are finely crushed, almost flour consistency.
- Add dates and blend until you get a sticky dough that can be easily formed.
- Using your hands, take approximately 1 tablespoon of dough and form a ball. Repeat until you’ve used up all the dough.
- Melt the chocolate – in a saucepan, bring about 2 centimeters of water to a simmer. Set a heatproof bowl with the chocolate on the top of the saucepan (make sure the chocolate doesn’t come into contact with water!). Stir chocolate occasionally as it melts.
- Drip the tip of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and gently push it into the almond-date ball. Then carefully drip the ball into the chocolate until it’s fully coated (use a spoon for help!). The chocolate layer shouldn’t be too thick, otherwise, you’ll lose lots of chocolate as it will drip down from the cake pop. Sprinkle the freeze-dried berries on top of the cake pop.
- Find a place where you can secure them as the cake pops firm up and dry. If you have a cake pop stand – great! But if you’re like me and don’t own one, you can use an apple (see a photo above), a glass, or any other creative solution.
- It’ll take about 30 minutes for cake pops to dry fully. When they’re done, take a bite and enjoy!