Hummus is perfect for a quick bite. It's also simple to make and packed with protein however, it can get a bit boring. Here’s a recipe that will turn up the heat and break you out of a hummus slump! This Smokey Chipotle Hummus will step up your snack game and keep you full!
Smokey Chipotle Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 cans of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F. Slice off top of garlic head, exposing the individual cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cloves are soft.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with veggie sticks or grilled naan bread and enjoy!