You will be amazed at how quickly and simply this meal comes together. And your friends will be amazed that the tacos are sin carne.
Tacos Sin Carne [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tacos Sin Carne [Vegan]
- 1 cup dried textured vegetable protein
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup diced or crushed tomatoes, optional
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1 t paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- any other toppings you love
- taco shells or tortillas
How to Prepare Tacos Sin Carne [Vegan]
- To do this place 1 part TVP in bowl and cover with 1 part boiling water. Place lid on bowl and let sit for five minutes.
- While the TVP is re-hydrating, heat up 1 TBSP oil in a pan.
- Once hot add onion and saute, stirring often, until lightly brown.
- Once onions are ready add chili , garlic, and onion powder, cayenne, oregano, paprika, and cumin. Stir to coat onion.
- Add tomatoes. I just use whatever is in my pantry, usually diced tomatoes, and add to taste. The tomatoes add juiciness and flavor but could be omitted all together, in which case add a little extra water when adding tvp to onion mixture.
- Add tvp and stir until combined. Let sit simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to soak in.
- Prepare your toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.