I used to never eat pancakes unless it was for an occassional brunch out because I knew pancakes aren't necessarily good for you. Quite the opposite, pancakes tend to be pretty bad for you. But since I made my oatmeal pancake.. oh my gosh, I’ve been all about pancakes! Especially the recipe I’m sharing with you today. It seriously feels so sinful. Sure, it isn’t the lightest breakfast – but it is good for you! Especially after a morning strength training session! Gotta refuel those muscles. Also, you are able to eat pretty much anything after working out intensely as your body will just absorb its benefits and you won’t likely gain weight, given you don't binge, of course. So… hello chocolate! This recipe made me two large-ish pancakes. I couldn’t even finish it, it was so filling. They taste like chocolate chip cookies. And I’m not just saying that for fun.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1/6 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 5 drops vanilla liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegan chocolate chips, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan yogurt
- 5 drops vanilla stevia
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients together. Then add wet (except for chocolate chips) and mix.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and set on medium heat. Once the pan is warmed up, pour some of the mixture onto the pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Let cook and when the pancake starts easily moving around on the pan (when you move the pan) then it’s time to flip. Cook on the other side for another minute or two. Repeat.
- Mix all of the topping ingredients together until it became smooth and creamy.