A thick and creamy sprouted sunflower seed milk packed full of nutrition and tastes divine. Great for those avoiding nuts in their diet.
How to Make Sprouted Sunflower Seed Milk
- 1 cup of the sprouted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1 dropperful of NuNaturals Stevia or other sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, yacon syrup
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- I started with 2 cups of raw seeds and soaked them in water (completely covered) overnight.
- The next morning, I drained the water, rinsed them several times and left in a colander (with tiny holes) to drain better while I prepped some smoothies for the afternoon (at 20 minutes).
- Then I transferred the soaked seeds into a glass container and covered with a lid. Put in refrigerator.
- Several days later (at 4 days) they will be sprouting.
- When ready to make milk – Into the Vitamix goes the sprouted sunflower seeds, water,vanilla bean powder, NuNaturals Stevia and tiny pinch of sea salt.
- Blend till smooth. IT IS SO THICK AND CREAMY!
- Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
You can add cinnamon, cacao, mesquite, carob, pumpkin spice, etc. or combinations thereof for different flavors. Skies the limit!