Cakes are awesome when it comes to taste alone, but what makes them even better is how beautiful they can be! These gorgeous and vibrant cakes are so colorful and fun that they’re almost too pretty to eat – but that sure won’t stop us! Check out these creative, colorful cake recipes on our Food Monster App.
1. Pink Strawberry Cake
Image Source: Pink Strawberry Cake
This Pink Strawberry Cake from Holly Jade is moist, light, fluffy, and delicious. With a burst of fresh strawberries and a delightful pastel pink cake, it’s not only gorgeous on the eyes but tastebuds too!
2. Raw Superfood Avocado Cake
Image Source: Raw Superfood Avocado Cake
Whether it’s a hot summer day or a cold winter outside, you can never go wrong with a Raw Superfood Avocado Cake from Laine Rudolfa. No matter what’s the occasion – a birthday party or anniversary – this cake will always surprise your guests. It looks stunning (without using any artificial colors!), and tastes refreshing, but it’s still satisfying at the same time. And yes, it’s a nutrition bomb. Literally. The crust is made from dates and almonds, but the creamy filling consists of avocados and is sweetened with banana and maple syrup.
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Raw Swedish Princess Cake
Image Source: Raw Swedish Princess Cake
Sweden’s beloved cake gets a raw makeover! A princess cake is a Swedish dessert consisting of a layer of sponge cake, a layer of pastry cream or custard, and a thick layer of whipped cream all surrounded by a layer of green marzipan. This sponge cake in this Raw Swedish Princess Cake from Natalie Yonan is light and fluffy, made from coconut and almond flour, and is covered with sweet strawberry chia jam, a layer of vanilla custard, whipped coconut cream, and raw marzipan.
4. Raw Raspberry Pomegranate Cake Slices With Cookie Crust
Image Source: Raw Raspberry Pomegranate Cake Slices With Cookie Crust
These Raw Raspberry Pomegranate Cake Slices With Cookie Crust from Ella Suihko are the perfect crowd-pleasing dessert. Raspberry brings notes of sweetness that are balanced out by the pomegranate, all wrapped in a creamy coconut cream-based layer. This deliciousness sits between a chewy, chocolatey cookie crust base and a layer of rice chocolate date frosting. Top with additional raspberries, pomegranate seeds, and shaved chocolate.
5. Pistachio Cake
Image Source: Pistachio Cake
This Pistachio Cake from Gabrielle St. Claire is amazing in every way. It has good-for-you ingredients like pistachios and spinach, is easy to make, doesn’t require any fancy devices, and looks beautiful! Despite the short list of ingredients and minimal sugar, this cake bursts with flavor.
6. Double Decker Carrot Cake
Image Source: Double Decker Carrot Cake
No-bake carrot cake with a silky cashew cream cheese frosting? Yes, please! If you like carrot cake, you will love this Double Decker Carrot Cake from Michaell Johnson. You can eat this vegan carrot cake for breakfast, lunch dinner, or dessert, guilt-free!
7. Rhubarb Champagne Cake
Image Source: Rhubarb Champagne Cake
This Rhubarb Champagne Cake from Lisa Dobler is the pinnacle of luxuriously decadent desserts. The almond sponge cakes are layered with a rhubarb and champagne compote, stuffed with coconut cream, and finished with a candied rhubarb lattice.
8. Cool Mint Cake
Image Source: Cool Mint Cake
Sweet, minty, and refreshing, this creamy Cool Mint Cake from Julie Zimmer strikes the perfect balance of flavor. The filling is made with fresh mint leaves, raw cashews, green seedless grapes, lime juice, and almond milk. The base is a mix of almonds, oats, cacao, Medjool dates, and maple syrup. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, lime, matcha, and flowers for presentation.
9. Blueberry Rainbow Chia Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Image Source: Blueberry Rainbow Chia Cake With Chocolate Ganache
This lovely Blueberry Rainbow Chia Cake With Chocolate Ganache from Inka Szot has a cookie crust, two blueberry layers, a creamy vanilla chia layer, and a delicious topping of dairy-free ganache. This cake looks fancy, but the prep is simple, using minimal ingredients and special equipment. This also lasts for quite some time, so if you’re prepping it for an event you can make it ahead of schedule and keep it refrigerated until the special day.
10. Flourless Cake With Walnut and Fig Crust
Image Source: Flourless Cake With Walnut and Fig Cake
This beautiful Flourless Cake With Walnut and Fig Cake from Hana Mendes is made with fresh beets, creamed coconut, and almond milk. It’s earthy, rich, wholesome, and utterly delicious. Decorate with some raw cacao nibs, flaked coconut, or edible flowers, or drizzle some melted chocolate over. Whichever way you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.