This rhubarb champagne cake is the panicle of luxuriously decadent desserts. The almond sponge cakes is layered with a rhubarb and champagne compote, stuffed with coconut cream, and finished with a canided rhubarb latice.
Rhubarb Champagne Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cake:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup raw almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white wine
For the Rhubarb Filling:
- 12.3 ounces rhubarb stalks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon champagne
For the Vanilla Cream:
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 1 pack of whipped cream stabilizer
- A splash of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 long rhubarb stalks
- 2/3 cup of powdered
- 1 1/2 cup champagne
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour with the sugar, the ground almonds, the baking soda, salt, and the baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the water, rapeseed oil, and the vinegar and mix everything into a smooth dough.
- Prepare a small springform pan with paper and grease the edges.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the cake is done.
- Let the finished cake cool down and then carefully remove it from the mold and let it cool completely on a cake rack.
- Dice the rhubarb for the filling.
- Boil the rhubarb with the champagne and sugar in a small pan.
- Once boiling, bring it down to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the rhubarb into a strainer and collect the juice.
- Let the drained rhubarb cool down.
- Pour the rhubarb and champagne juice back into the pan and boil it over medium heat until it becomes a thick syrup. This takes about 15 minutes and should yield 3 tablespoons of syrup.
- Beat the cream with the cream and the vanilla until they're stiff. Mix the sugar with the whipped cream.
- Cut the cake in half with a sharp knife.
- Spread the cake with the half rhubarb syrup
- Now two-thirds of the vanilla cream.
- Place the half-finished tart in the refrigerator for about half an hour to allow the cream to solidify.
- Spread the remaining pieces of rhubarb on the cream.
- Place the second layer of cake on the top and cover everything with the rest of the vanilla cream.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator until the rest of the parts are ready. For the decorations, peel the rhubarb. The best way to do this is by placing the rhubarb sticks on the table, so as to get the peeler and pull along the rhubarb.
- In a pan, boil the champagne with the sugar and simmer them until the sugar dissolves. Then turn the temperature down.
- Leave a rhubarb strip in the champagne sauce for about 20 - 30 seconds and then let it cool on a plate. Now take the cake from the refrigerator and decorate it with the rhubarb strips.
- When the strips are laid on top, place a long strip around the top edge of the cake. Continue from top to bottom until all the cake is wrapped.
- If the rhubarb strips do not stick together, lightly simmer them with the champagne sauce.
- The cake should still cool in the refrigerator for an hour before eating.
- Cut the cake with a sharp knife so that the rhubarb strips can be divided well.