This beautiful raw cake is made with fresh beets, creamed coconut, and almond milk. It’s earthy, rich, wholesome, and utterly delicious. Decorate with some raw cacao nibs, flaked coconut, edible flowers, or drizzle some melted chocolate over. Whichever way you choose, it's sure to be delicious!
Flourless Cake With Walnut and Fig Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 8 dried figs
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Beet Layer:
- 2 cups beets, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup coconut butter or creamed coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Prepare a round 8-inch springform cake tin.
- Peel and finely grate beetroot and set aside.
- Place the walnuts into food processor, pulse a few times until they are well chopped. Add figs, cacao, cinnamon, and sea salt and blend until the mixture comes together. Spoon the mix into the cake tin, spread evenly onto the base, and press tightly down. Place into refrigerator to set.
- In a double boiler, gently melt coconut butter with coconut oil. Leave to cool for a bit then place into food processor. Add beetroot, almond milk, and maple syrup and blend until smooth. It will be a thick mix.
- Spoon onto the crust layer and smooth out the top.
- Place into freezer for at least 1 hour, to set.
- Once set, gently remove from the tin and place onto a serving dish.
- Decorate with your choice of toppings and serve.
- Beet Recipes