Whether you love Valentine’s Day or avoid festivities, one thing we all can agree on is that the best part is all the chocolate. Chocolate is almost universally loved by all. It actually is known to increase levels of serotonin in our brains as well as stimulate the release of dopamine, both of which are responsible for good feelings. No wonder we give chocolate to our favorite people on Valentine’s Day. In addition to being Valentine’s Day, February 14th is also National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day — how fitting.
It wouldn’t be fair to give you these recipes the day of, so that’s why we’re giving them to you one day early. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day gift-giving and making life taste sweet, here are 15 sweet, simple, chocolatey, and cream-filled chocolates that are perfect for gifting to your loved ones.
1. Raw Strawberry Creme Chocolate Truffles
Make these oh-so-delicious Raw Strawberry Creme Chocolate Truffles and you (or whoever you give it to) will be in for a treat! The sweet strawberry filling is made from a blend of strawberries and cashew butter lightly sweetened with maple syrup. It’s an indulgence, but who says you can’t have more than one a day?
2. Peanut Butter Mousse Truffles
Want to make an impression? How about making a batch of these Peanut Butter Mousse Truffles? These are ultra light, creamy, peanut butter clouds. They are so amazingly easy to make, too. The creamy center is a peanut butter chocolate mousse made from coconut milk that you’ll be tempted to eat before the final product has a chance to set — that’s how you know it’s good.
3. 4-Ingredient Matcha Cashew Cups
One of the greatest things about these Matcha Cashew Cups is that they require only four ingredients! Creamy, dark chocolate surrounds a little nugget of a matcha-cashew mixture. When you bite into these, the crunchy chocolate shell gives way to the chewy, nutty center for an absolutely delicious mouthful. We promise pure bliss with these matcha cashew cups – effortless to make, effortless to eat, simple happiness.
4. Raw Raspberry and Banana Peanut Truffles
Take a bite and feel the soft and creamy filling inside these Raw Raspberry and Banana Peanut Truffles. With every bite, the chocolate coating breaks down to reveal a luscious, smooth cream filling.
5. Spiked Sweet Potato Truffles
When you think of romance, do you think of quiet, candle-lit dinners for two? Long-stemmed red roses? Lace and a bottle of the finest champagne? How about sweet potato? These amazingly delicious and decadent Spiked Sweet Potato Truffles combine the ultimate Valentine’s Day food — chocolate — with uber-healthy, high-fiber, low glycemic, antioxidant-rich sweet potatoes. Your sweetie will never guess what makes up the center of this luxuriously rich, creamy filling that will satisfy anyone’s romantic culinary cravings. So why not serve up a few of these little gems for Valentine’s Day instead of the usual fare, and watch the romance blossom? Your heart will thank you — and so will your sweetie.
6. 5-Ingredient Jumbo Strawberries and Cream Cups
These Jumbo Strawberries and Cream Cups are like cupcake-sized butter cups. They come together in a flash and can be made with only three to five ingredients, depending on how fancy you want to get! Who doesn’t love a dessert that’s quick, easy, delicious, and doesn’t use up the entire pantry?
Recommendation: Download the Food Monster App
If you enjoy articles like this and want more, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App. For those that don’t have it, it’s a brilliant food app available for both Android and iPhone. It’s a great resource for anyone looking to cut out or reduce allergens like meat, dairy, soy, gluten, eggs, grains, and more find awesome recipes, cooking tips, articles, product recommendations and how-tos. The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions.
The Food Monster app has over 8000+ recipes and 500 are free. To access the rest, you have to pay a subscription fee but it’s totally worth it because not only do you get instant access to 8000+ recipes, you get 10 NEW recipes every day! You can also make meal plans, add bookmarks, read feature stories, and browse recipes across hundreds of categories like diet, cuisine, meal type, occasion, ingredient, popular, seasonal, and so much more!
7. Raw Chocolate Mousse Cups
If you love peanut butter cups, you simply just have to make these Raw Chocolate Mousse Cups. Their sweet and soft filling complements the dark and decadent chocolate perfectly. Plus, they’re super giftable!
8. Super Easy Spicy Chocolate Bonbons
Ready to make some delicious, sweet and spicy, raw vegan treats? These Super Easy Spicy Chocolate Bonbons are made with minimal ingredients; a smooth chocolate shell and a creamy filling made from hazelnuts, peanut butter, and a pinch of chili flakes. Top each bonbon with a piece of citrus fruit to add a fresh, citrus-y burst of flavor.
9. Raw Dark Chocolate Cherry Cream Cups
Cherry cordials, those delicious chocolate-covered maraschino cherries, are a popular Valentine’s Day treat. If you love those, then you need to try these Raw Dark Chocolate Cherry Cream Cups. With raw vegan cherry and dark chocolate flavors all around, they will fill you (or whoever is being gifted these) with delight. This chocolate recipe provides minimal ingredients for optimal flavor; each chocolate cup melts in your mouth and gives way to a luscious cherry cream filling made from a base of cashews.
10. Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Bites
In addition to being delicious, these Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Bites will leave your breath feeling minty clean! Each dark chocolate cup is filling with a yummy, minty coconut cream. The only ingredients are coconut, carob, maple syrup, and mint. After all, the best things in life are simple — or at least, the best recipes are.
11. Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates
The filling for these Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates is made with raw cashews, lemon, vanilla, coconut, and brown rice malt syrup. It gets its bright pink color and slightly tart flavor from fresh raspberries. Making them is a bit of a process, but don’t let the multiple steps scare you off, as they’re totally worth it. You can store them in the freezer and have them as a frozen treat, or leave them in the fridge and enjoy them like a chocolate-covered cream.
12. Chocolate and Banana Butter Cups
Bananas and chocolate were meant for each other. So it’s no surprise that each of these Chocolate and Banana Butter Cups is absolute bliss. Better yet, the chocolate is actually raw cacao, it’s bound by coconut oil, and it’s stuffed with a delicious banana cream. That’s a treat you can feel good about eating — or gifting.
13. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry and Coconut Truffles
Nothing says “I love you” like a box of homemade truffles. These Chocolate-Covered Strawberry and Coconut Truffles are the perfect gift for that special somebody in your life. They are an elegant combination of strawberries, coconut, white chocolate, and dark chocolate. Plus, you can get creative when decorating them to give them an extra special touch.
14. Dark Chocolate Coated, Peanut Butter, Marmalade, and Scotch Truffles
If you make these Dark Chocolate Coated, Peanut Butter, Marmalade, and Scotch Truffles, you are in for a treat. The dark chocolate coating hides an amazingly creamy, slightly boozy, and peanut buttery filling with a touch of fruitiness. The tiny portion of salt flakes crunch and then melt and create the perfect contrast and balance to the dark chocolate coating and sweet truffle inside.
15. Chocolate Raspberry Candy Bars
Chocolate-covered raspberry cream-covered goodness made from only five ingredients! Quick and easy to make, these sweet Chocolate Raspberry Candy Bars melt in your mouth! The best part about these is they make a fairly big batch — so there’s plenty for sharing.
For all the Valentine’s Day treats you’ll need, check out our The Ultimate Guide to a Vegan Valentine’s Day!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!