Bananas and chocolate were meant for each other. So it's no surprise that each of these chocolate and banana cups is absolute bliss. Better yet, the chocolate is actually raw cacao, it's bound by coconut oil, and the dessert is sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla extract. That's a treat you can feel good about eating!
Chocolate and Banana Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cacao butter or extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put half of the cacao butter or coconut oil on a pot on very low heat. Once melted, turn off heat and add half of the cacao powder, vanilla extract, and sweetener of choice.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into mini muffin paper liners. Freeze for a few minutes.
- Blend the banana and protein powder (if not using protein, you can just add some drops of vanilla extract and it will taste amazing).
- Pour the banana mixture into the paper liners with the chocolate base. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Repeat step 1 with the other half of the cacao butter or coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and sweetener.
- Pour the mixture on the muffin liners. Make sure not to completely fill up the muffin liners so it's easier to take out of the moulds later. Freeze for 1 more hour or until the banana layer is frozen.
- Take out of moulds gently and serve.