Nothing says "I love you" like a box of homemade truffles. These chocolate covered strawberry truffles are the perfect gift for that special somebody in your life. They are an elegant combination of strawberries, coconut, white chocolate, and dark chocolate. Plus, you can get creative when decorating them to give them an extra special touch.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry and Coconut Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Using a blender, pour in the desiccated coconut and mix it, on a high speed, for 10-20 minutes. The coconut will slowly start to form a paste, which acts like a butter. You will need to keep scooping the mixture towards the blade as it has a tendency to stick to the outside.
- Add the sliced strawberries and maple syrup to the mix and blend it up again until everything is fully combined.
- When your creamy mixture is ready, line a tray or plate with parchment paper and, with your hands, or a spoon, scoop up the mixture and form it into balls. place the balls onto the lined tray and pop into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the pink coconut truffles are firming in the freezer, you can melt the chocolate.
- Take the truffles out the freezer and cover each one with the dark chocolate.
- Put them back in the freezer to firm up again, then take them back out and dip them in the white chocolate.