A vegan milk startup in Chile is hoping to become a billion-dollar company, according to Bloomberg. NotCo SpA is hoping to get “unicorn” status during its next funding round as the brand continues to build on the growing popularity of the plant-based market.
The company sells its products in Whole Foods across the United States and is backed by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. The company is projecting a four-fold increase in sales and a five-fold increase in volumes to help meet the plant-based milk market demands.
Chief Executive Officer Matias Muchnick said in an interview with Bloomberg, “60% of consumers of plant-based milks aren’t happy with the taste of the product. We saw we could become the first ones to sell a plant-based milk that tastes like milk.”
NotCo made Fast Company’s list of the world’s most innovative products. The company’s unique offering uses artificial intelligence to make plant-based milk. Elio Leoni Sceti is from The Craftory, one of the company’s investors, and commented, “To my knowledge, no other brand in this space has the scientific expertise to create plant-based food that looks, feels, and – uniquely – behaves just like the animal-based produce it replaces. Thanks to NotCo, consumers can make an easy and seamless change to a more sustainable way of living. That’s why we led NotCo’s previous round and continue to invest in this excellent business.”
Learn more about the benefits of non-dairy milk and the health risks associated with dairy milk, below:
- Why Oat Milk is Everywhere
- Which Non-Dairy Milk is Best for the Environment?
- Almond Milk Sales are Booming!
- What’s Better For You and the Planet – Almond Milk or Cow’s Milk? Here Are the Facts
- 5 Things You Should Know About the Link Between Dairy and Acne
- 5 Side Effects of Consuming Too Much Dairy Protein
- Got Joint Pain? Why Dairy is a Bad Idea
- Study Finds Dairy Milk Linked to Higher Risk of Breast Cancer
- How Dairy Consumption is Linked to Diseases like Cancer, Blood Sugar, Hormonal Imbalance and Inflammation
Make your own non-dairy milk at home!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!