Sometimes you just need a treat to get yourself through the tough times. Well, what’s better than a sponge cake for that?! These moist and fluffy creations are made without eggs and are light enough to have multiple servings! Just make sure to not eat the whole thing in one sitting!
Here are 10 beautiful sponge cakes that will be there for you when life gets you down!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives!
1. Raw Swedish Princess Cake
Source: Raw Swedish Princess Cake
Sweden’s beloved cake gets a raw makeover! A princess cake is a Swedish dessert consisting of a layer of sponge cake, a layer of pastry cream or custard, and a thick layer of whipped cream all surrounded by a layer of green marzipan. This Raw Swedish Princess Cake by Natalie Yonan is light and fluffy, made from coconut and almond flour, and is covered with sweet strawberry chia jam, a layer of vanilla custard, whipped coconut cream, and raw marzipan.
2. Almond and Coconut Flour Sponge Cake
Fluffy, moist sponge cake, no egg whites or dairy required! Instead, this sponge cake is made with coconut flour, toasted almond oil, and the magical aquafaba (or liquid from a can of chickpeas). Use this Almond and Coconut Flour Sponge Cake by Lilia Jankowska for some decadent cake creations, or enjoy a simple version with just a dusting of powdered sugar and plenty of fruit on top.
3. Chocolate Sponge Cake
Source: Chocolate Sponge Cake
Soft, moist, and chocolatey sponge cake, healthy and super decadent at the same time, especially if you fill it with any frosting. This Chocolate Sponge Cake by Maja Tisma is light enough to enjoy for breakfast, snacks, or dessert.
4. Cashew Ricotta Chocolate Sponge Cake
Between the three layers of this oil-free cake, buckwheat-cashew ricotta is alternated with a rich and chocolatey cream frosting. The layers are made of soaked buckwheat and millet, thus making the sponge cake gluten-free. The green layer is colored with matcha powder and the yellow one with turmeric, but don’t worry, you won’t taste them. Top with berries to make this Cashew Ricotta Chocolate Sponge Cake by Nele Liivlaid even more fabulous.
5. Vanilla Sponge Cake with Buttercream Frosting and Strawberry Jam
This cake is moist yet fluffy and delicious with layers of vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam with a coating of light buttercream frosting. The Vanilla Sponge Cake with Buttercream Frosting and Strawberry Jam by Holly Jade perfect treat for afternoon tea or a special occasion!
6. Pancho Cake
Source: Pancho Cake
This Pancho Cake by Yana Chistyakova features a vanilla sponge cake base, a chocolate sponge cake, pastry cream, pineapple and cherry filling, and rich chocolate syrup. All these flavors come together to give you a deliciously moist cake that you will not be able to stop eating!
7. Vanilla Sponge Cake
Source: Vanilla Sponge Cake
8. Victoria Sponge
Source: Victoria Sponge
This is a great cake to make to please everyone, some people aren’t keen on chocolate cake or coffee cake which makes this Gluten-Free, Vegan Victoria Sponge by Julia Shannahan the perfect cake to please everyone!
9. Kinder Delice
Source: Kinder Delice
10. Cherry and Banana Sponge Cake
Source: Cherry and Banana Sponge Cake
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.