This healthy and spooky Halloween recipe is the perfect dish for your child’s Halloween Party. This vegan pesto doubles as the face of a scaaaary green monster! The vegan mozzarella chunks with black olive slices are the crazed eyeballs and the roasted red pepper is the bloody tongue. Serve it up in a big platter or as a single dish! This terrifying dish is paired with almond milk in mason jars with devilish glass sticker clings and straws.
Spooky Vegan Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
- 3 cups packed with basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 3 medium-sized vegan mozzarella balls, halved
- 3 jumbo black olives
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Line the aluminum foil with wax paper. Cut the bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and top, and place on the wax paper, sliced side down. Roast for 22-23 minutes.
- While the pepper is roasting, prepare your pesto. Place all ingredients (only use half of the olive oil) into a food processor and pulse. Add more olive oil until it is at your desired consistency.
- Pour the pesto over the zucchini noodles and mix to combine. Plate the pesto noodles into a bowl. Top with eyeballs (mozzarella ball halves). Set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the eyeballs. Take an olive and slice off the very ends. Then, halve the remaining olive to create the two "pupils." Place in the center of the mozzarella. Repeat for each dish and set aside.
- When the peppers are done roasting, place in a ziplock bag to let cool. Once it is cool enough to handle, cut into 3 strips for "tongues." Place onto the dish and serve!
- Grain-Free Pasta