If you like to juice, you know the dilemma about what to do with the pulp…especially beautiful, bright orange carrot pulp. Why, how about making some easy Raw Vegan Carrot and Flax Crackers that are grain-free, gluten-free and flourless! I’ve been guilty on more than one occasion of either being in a hurry or just too lazy to do anything with my juice pulp other than throw it away. And, I found this yummy recipe for raw crackers that uses all that valuable carrot pulp. This was the first time I added my EA Live Sprouted Seven Blend to a recipe. It’s a live blend of chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, black sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds with lacto-fermented ginger in a base of symbiotic cultures. I was saving it specifically to add to some raw crackers and I love it because it adds a powerful nutritious boost and a perfect addition to a raw, live recipe. So I just basically put everything in my Vitamix, added the seeds, stirred everything and then spread it out over a dehydrator tray and the next day…I’m good to go! No more wasted pulp and a super nutritious snack as a bonus!
Raw Carrot and Flax Crackers [Vegan]
- 3 cups organic carrot pulp
- 1/2 cup organic flax seeds (freshly ground)
- 1/2 - 1 organic tomato
- 1 organic lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup blended sprouted mixed seeds
- 1 cup purified or distilled water
- Put all ingredients except the sesame seeds, chia seeds and EA Live Spouted Seven in a Vitamix and process until well blended.
- Pour the liquified mixture into a medium sized bowl and add the sesame seeds, chia seeds and EA Live Sprouted Seven and stir gently.
- Spread the mixture onto the Paraflex lining on a dehydrator tray and spread evenly (not too thin).
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for approximately 10 - 12 hours.
- Transfer to a mesh tray and continue to dehydrate for an additional 2 - 4 hour or until firm and crisp.
- Cut into cracker shapes and store in an air-tight container to keep them hard.