Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every Sunday, One Green Planet brings you the week’s top news. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
Here you’ll find different news categories and links to each article published during the week! Enjoy!
Earth and Environmental News
There were numerous stories about the environment this week which gave us hope for the future and reminded us how far we still have to go. Some of the more memorable stories included:
- 30 Atlantic Countries Agree to Strengthen Environmental and Commercial Cooperation
- New App Allows NYC Commuters to Avoid Polluted Air Routes
- How Climate Change Is Making Fall Foliage Less Colorful
- Colombia’s President Urges Global Community to Prioritize Climate Change
- Planet Green Files $500 Million Lawsuit Against Amazon
- Teens Taking Climate Fight to European Courts
- Ukraine is Documenting Ecological Damages Caused by Russian Attacks
- US Environmental Agency Offers $4.6 Billion Grants to Slash Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- World Leaders Miss UN Climate Summit Amid Escalating Climate Crisis
- Biden’s American Climate Corps is a New Path to Green Jobs and a Greener Future
- Michael Bloomberg Takes On Petrochemicals to Fight Climate Change
- Nearly All Europeans Are Breathing Toxic Air, Investigation Says
- White House Takes Major Step to Combat Climate Change in Government Purchases
- Canada’s Expanding Presence in Latin America Raises Environmental Concerns
- Richard Branson Unveils Planetary Guardians to Tackle Climate Change
- Twitter’s Struggle with Climate Change Misinformation
- Breakthrough Enzyme Offers Hope in the Fight Against Plastic Pollution
- Lego Fails to Reduce Carbon Emissions Using Recycled Plastic Bottles for Its Blocks
- US Aims for Fusion Energy Future by 2035
- Extreme Global Warming Threatens Human Existence
- The Ancient Moss Facing Modern Threats
Plant-Based Food, Life, Human Interest, and Health News
Source: Dmytro Zinkevych/Shutterstock
This week in food, life, human interest, and health news, we had quite a few exciting stories!
- Roger Federer Affiliated Brand, On Running, Debuts Environmentally-Friendly Program
- Universal Music Group and Thrive Global Hold First Music and Health Conference!
- Vegan Leather Makeup Bag and Clutch Launched by Proenza Schouler and Merit
- Moroccan Wedding Saves Lives During Earthquake
- Dad Gives His Vegan Son Non-Vegan Food Behind His Wife’s Back
- Millie Bobby Brown Asks Mom to Stop Sending Her Sad Animal TikToks
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!