Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Millie Bobby Brown, the talented star of Stranger Things, is not only known for her acting prowess but also for her deep love and compassion for animals. In a recent BuzzFeed interview, she revealed a lighthearted yet touching struggle she’s been having with her mom, Kelly, over sad animal TikToks.
The conversation took an amusing turn when the topic of memes and TikTok videos arose. When asked whom she sends the most memes and videos, Brown confessed that she doesn’t even have the TikTok app herself. However, her mother, it turns out, is an avid user who frequently sends her videos of animals being rehabilitated.
These TikToks, while undoubtedly heart-touching, had begun to take a toll on the young actress’s emotions. Brown explained, “I’ve now had to come forward and tell her, ‘I can’t have any of this end sadly.’ Because I walk right onto stage for something really important and I just watched a cat be hit by a car. So I’m like, ‘This is not something that I want to ever be sent to me ever again.'”
Source: BuzzFeed Celeb/YouTube
Brown’s request was a reminder that, while tragic accidents do happen, there’s no need to subject yourself to such distressing imagery. She firmly expressed, “Let’s not make this normal. This isn’t normal.” In a mutual agreement with her mother, they decided to curate a more positive content stream, focusing only on happy videos from that point forward.
The 18-year-old actress’s love for animals goes far beyond her digital battles. She is the proud owner of a delightful menagerie that includes eight dogs, four cats, three goats, one donkey, one pony, one sheep, and one rabbit. Her commitment to the welfare of animals is not limited to her pets. Brown actively collaborates with local shelters and recently played a pivotal role in nursing a dog named Chloe back to health, enabling her to find a loving forever home.
Millie Bobby Brown’s stance on curating her online content to promote positivity, especially in a world filled with distressing information, serves as a reminder of the importance of self-care and mindful consumption. Her actions both online and offline emphasize the profound impact we can have on the lives of animals in need through love, care, and advocacy.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to be like Millie with Chloe and only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Stranger Things Star Millie Bobby Brown Launching Vegan Beauty Line!
- Stranger Things Actor Noah Schnapp Launches Vegan Nutella
- Viral Animal Abuse Videos Spark Concerns Over Twitter’s Content Moderation
- 6 Types of Cute Animal Videos You Shouldn’t Help Go Viral
- Billie Eilish Becomes PETA’s Person of the Year
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!