Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A young Moroccan couple’s wedding plans were disrupted by a devastating earthquake that struck their hometown. What initially appeared to be an unfortunate twist of fate ultimately saved the lives of all the wedding guests.
On Friday, 8th September 2023, the southern region of Marrakech and its neighboring areas were rocked by a powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8. The tremors left a trail of destruction, claiming the lives of over 2,901 people and injuring more than 2,059, according to reports from the Moroccan Interior Ministry.
Before the chaos ensued, the young couple was preparing to celebrate their union in holy matrimony. They had meticulously planned every detail of their wedding, eager to embark on this new journey together. The earthquake struck and the ground shook beneath their feet, and the couple’s joyous day was suddenly thrown into turmoil. Their wedding ceremony was interrupted, and their carefully arranged celebration was cast into disarray.
However, as the dust settled and the shock began to wear off, the couple and their guests realized something truly extraordinary had happened. If the wedding was not arranged for the time of the earthquake, they all would have been killed when their homes collapsed during the natural disaster.
While these lives have been spared, countless others are struggling because of the earthquake. Victims of the natural disaster are in desperate need of water, food, clothing, winterization materials, temporary shelter, and medicine.
Click here to donate to the Morocco Emergency Fund.
- Horse in Turkey Rescued Alive 21 Days After Earthquake
- Dog Waits For Human After Massive Earthquake in Turkey
- Syrian Veterinarians Work Tirelessly to Save Pets and Farm Animals Who Lost Their Humans in The Earthquake
- Justice For Kaos, the Hero Earthquake Rescue Dog Who Was Callously Poisoned in His Yard
- Couple Turns Wedding into Animal Rights Protest & Documentary
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!