Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In a remarkable fusion of romance and activism, Slovenian content creator Matej Glivar and Swiss nurse Anja Glivar, transformed their wedding day into an incredible showcase of Animal rights advocacy. The couple, who fell in love at an Animal rights workshop, not only committed to a 100% vegan wedding but also used their nuptials to rescue animals and raise awareness about veganism. This audacious series of events was all captured on film for their upcoming documentary, “Humankindness: The Animal Dilemma.”
Anja and Matej have a long history of vegan activism, having been involved for over five years before their engagement. They decided to make their wedding day count, using it as a platform to highlight the suffering of animals and create impactful change. As Matej stated, “we had three days of action”, rescuing farm animals and even staging a peaceful protest at a church with the bodies of two animals they had found on farms.
The wedding weekend also included a surprising turn of events: Matej was arrested while protesting and spent seven hours in jail. This experience underscored the challenging road the couple has taken, championing Animal rights even at the risk of legal consequences.
Their mission doesn’t end with their wedding. They’re now creating a documentary featuring interviews with notable vegans, farmers, and everyday people wrestling with the “animal dilemma” – the paradox of loving animals while also consuming them.
The couple is currently crowdfunding to complete the remaining half of the documentary. With the help of Darren Cavanagh, who has contributed to films like Kill Bill and Lion King, they aim to make their movie “bigger than initially thought” and extend its impact beyond the vegan community.
What started as an unconventional wedding has morphed into a bold mission to raise awareness for Animal rights. Now, it’s your turn to join in. Become part of this groundbreaking project by donating via IndieGoGo and help Anja and Matej finish their inspiring documentary.
This story proves that weddings can be more than a celebration of love between two people; they can also serve as a platform to spread love and compassion for all living beings. It’s a testament to the extraordinary lengths some will go to for the cause they believe in. Can their story inspire you to take action for a cause close to your heart?
Check out their fundraiser here.
- Parents Furious at Daughter For Wanting to Serve Vegan Food at Her Own Wedding
- This Wedding Planner Shared How She Made Her Wedding Glamorous Yet Sustainable
- Watch Adorable Pup Steal the Spotlight During Couple’s First Dance at Wedding
- Bride and Groom’s Nine Dogs Attend Wedding and One of Them Was Best Man!
- Wedding Tragically and Neglectfully Ends in Hundreds of Butterflies Suffocated and Dead
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!