Dr. Oz explains that heartburn occurs when the sphincter muscle at the lower end of your esophagus relaxes and opens at the wrong time. This allows for stomach acid to creep up your stomach and irritate your esophagus. Luckily, science has told us that the best way to cancel out an acid is with alkaline.
Alkaline foods can help neutralize the acid and make the heartburn go away! To make this alkaline juice, you need a cucumber which is an alkaline vegetable with a ph of 5.5. Then you’ll add spinach, which has a ph of 5.1. Next, add bananas, which have a ph of 5.1. Then, add kiwi and chia seeds which are alkaline-forming in the body! Finally, add a cup of almond milk or your favorite plant milk and blend everything for the ultimate alkaline-rich smoothie.
Not only will this smoothie decrease feelings of heartburn, but it also tastes delicious and is healthy for you to enjoy any time of day.
- TikTok Cure for Bloating
- 10 Veganized TikTok Drinks You Need To Try!
- TikTok Health Hack For Stuffy Nose!
- TikTok Hack for Headache Relief
- Chlorophyll: The Lowdown on TikTok’s Latest Health Trend
- Viral TikTok Nutrition Trends You Should Avoid
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.