Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Everyone loves an adorable inter-species relationship. Cat adopting puppies, dogs playing with deer, and the opportunities for adorable shenanigans are endless. This prime example shows a rescued turkey and a rescued lamb. These two animals are neighbors at the Manning River Farm Animal Sanctuary (MRFAS) and have become best friends. Though you wouldn’t guess this is the most relaxing facial, Oreo, the lamb, seems to have no problem with his turkey groomer. After a few more days of this budding relationship, Oreo’s complexion is going to look fabulous!
MRFAS is a sanctuary dedicated to providing a forever home for rescued farm animals. The animals here would have died in the farm industry, but now get a chance to live out their days in peace. This happy sanctuary is home to many different types of residents, including Oreo and his newly rescued turkey friend! MRFAS believes that animals “are not here for us, but with us,” and provides a location for animals to live out their days with freedom and a little spoiling! It seems like a prime place for budding interspecies relationships, too!
- Baby Turkey Saved From a ‘Humane’ Farm Now Loves to Play With Her Dog Friends [Video]
- This Kind Woman Found a Turkey and Bought Him Dinner [Video]
- SavorEat Launches Fully Customizable 3D-Printed Plant-Based Pork and Turkey Burgers
- 11 Fun Facts About Turkeys!
- Another Reason to Leave Turkey Off the Menu This Thanksgiving: Genetically Modified Turkey
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!