In this clip, a gang of baby turkeys chirps as they roam free in their spacious grassy yard, pecking at plants and the ground and peeping at the camera curiously with their cute, bright black eyes. There’s no doubt this is a healthy bunch, demonstrating what life for all turkeys should be like. Watch until the end to see what these little poults find lying in the grass.
Don’t worry about our video stars ending up as Thanksgiving entrees. This was filmed at The Farm Sanctuary, where farm animals enjoy protected lives on sunny pastures, free from the confinement and cruelty that defines the meat industry. The attitudes of the turkeys in this clip show that they can tell the difference and appreciate the chance at a better life.
- Baby Turkey Saved From a ‘Humane’ Farm Now Loves to Play With Her Dog Friends [Video]
- This Kind Woman Found a Turkey and Bought Him Dinner [Video]
- SavorEat Launches Fully Customizable 3D-Printed Plant-Based Pork and Turkey Burgers
- Blossom the Turkey Loves Hanging Out with Her Dog Best Friend Rather than Other Turkeys [Video]
- Queen Legend Brian May ‘Haunted’ and ‘Sickened’ by Turkey Video
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!