Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Faye is a turkey who was rescued when he was just a baby. Faye and his brother Farris were rescued from a feed store and weren’t doing well. Faye, especially, was very sick, and they weren’t sure if he was going to make it. Thankfully, a rescuer from the farm showed up at the feed store in time to convince his previous owner to let both of them go to Farm Sanctuary to receive the necessary treatment they needed.
Faye has recovered beautifully! He and his brother have been at the sanctuary ever since and are now three years old! They are both very curious creatures and like to spend their time exploring the farm and picking around in the grass, looking for different things to eat. Watch them thrive, and enjoy the wide open space of the sanctuary where they belong!
If you are interested, you can symbolically adopt Faye through the #AdoptATurkey Project, you’ll help provide his day-to-day care, protect other turkeys still in need, and raise awareness about the beautiful lives they lead when they’re allowed to live!”
- Amazing Rescued Turkeys Who Will Change the Way You View Your Thanksgiving Meal Forever
- James Cromwell Takes Aim at Harris Teeter’s Support of Turkey Abuse
- 10 Videos of Turkeys So Cute You’ll Want to Leave them Off Your Thanksgiving Table!
- Meet Bowie, the Rescued Turkey with a Big Personality [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!