Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and for people in the U.S. who celebrate, that means giving thanks for what we are grateful for. We fill up on yummy goodies, hang out with friends and family, and watch holiday movies. Usually, a turkey is the centerpiece of Thanksgiving (Americans consume a whopping 46 million turkeys at Thanksgiving each year), but we should be celebrating these wonderful creatures instead. Turkeys are super smart and highly social animals. They can learn their names, and they love belly rubs and snuggles.
In the above video from The Gentle Barn, a farm sanctuary that rescues animals from all backgrounds, we get to see another side of our feathered friends: they love to get massaged! Claire the turkey enjoys a comforting body massage from her human friend Michelle. Michelle reassures beautiful Claire that she will be the “star” on Thanksgiving, with people coming just to see and cuddle with her.
If you’re like us and just can’t handle how adorable this video is, share the love with your friends and family.
- Ways To Host An Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving
- 15 Unique Vegan Thanksgiving Desserts (That Aren’t Pie)
- Save Time in the Kitchen This Thanksgiving With These 15 Easy Vegan Mains
- 25 Incredible Vegan Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- 23 Meatless & Dairy-Free Soups, Salads, and Starters for Your Thanksgiving
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!