Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A woman was walking her dog when she found Daisy and immediately alerted authorities. An Orange County Sheriff’s Office deputy rescued the pup after 30 minutes of crawling through thick brush and crawling on her hands and knees and scaling a 15-foot wall. Finally, she was able to rescue the 4-year-old pup. Daisy went to Animal Service to prepare her for her adoption, according to the Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
“There are literally hundreds of private rescues that would be willing to take in a sweet and gentle dog for foster or adoption. And yet someone chose instead to commit this act of cruelty,” the agency wrote.
Daisy was not hurt from her fall, and she has now been adopted and found a loving home for herself!
According to national estimates, approximately 6.3 million companion animals are abandoned and enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. If you happen to notice an animal on the side of the road, whether or not the animal is injured, safely put on the hazard lights and pull your car completely off the road before attempting to rescue them, says the Humane Society. Here are the full rescue tips that just may come in handy one day.
While we cannot change the horrific treatment that many animals have already endured in the past, we can give animals a voice and hold perpetrators accountable for crimes in the present and the future. Many animal abusers are not held accountable by the law, which feeds into this horrific cycle of abuse.
You can sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony.
- PETA Artist Creates Illustrations of Disney Dogs as Neglected Pets to Raise Awareness About Animal Abuse
- Kind Veterinarian Eats Along with Abused Dog Who Refuses to Eat [Video]
- Dog Trainer Under Investigation After Disturbing Video of Abuse
- Michigan Dog Gets Another Shot at Life After She Chewed Off Leg to Escape from Abuse
- How Dogs Are Abused To Hunt Truffles
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!