Poor digestion is something no one wants to deal with, yet something we’ve all experienced at some point or another. Digestion can wreak havoc on your mood and your body and can ruin your social life and sense of well-being. Improving your gut health is important since what goes on inside controls nearly every aspect of your health.
This Tiktoker shared a natural concoction to help improve your digestive health, keep skin issues away, and so much more!
@journ3y_to_wellness This is how I keep my stomach flat on vacay while eating less than ideal 😉 Each one on their own is great, but the combo is 🔥 #guthealth #bloating #wellnesstips #naturalhealth ♬ Sweet Giirrrrllll face beat x Father Philis – Phil
Lemon juice has been attributed to helping alleviate digestive issues such as constipation. While the large intestine carries most of the responsibility for breaking down food into food waste, the process begins with acid in your stomach. The acidity of lemon helps to break down food before heading off to the large intestine, therefore aiding in the overall digestive process. When it comes to skin, lemon is an astringent that naturally tightens skin and decreases the size of pores. This means less oil for your face. Secondly, lemon has alpha hydroxy acid — a natural acid found in food and food products — which exfoliates the skin and removes dead cells helping to alleviate skin issues such as acne and eczema.
Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, digestive aid, metabolism booster, and stress reliever that contains grounding properties to balance energy levels, acts as an antioxidant, promotes healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and warms the body up in cold temperatures!
You can follow Nadine on TikTok for more gut health & wellness tips!
- Matcha Green Tea: A Superfood to Supercharge You!
- Weekly Spotlight: Benefits of Ginger, Matcha, Turmeric, and Cacao
- The Hidden Benefits of Matcha: Why It’s Amazing for Your Skin
- 10 Healthy and Energizing Matcha Drinks
- 15 Plant-Based Matcha Recipes that Aren’t Drinks!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!