Climate change is a serious cause for concern among conservationists and scientists.
A leading cause of climate change is carbon released into the atmosphere as a result of human activity. In an effort to combat climate change and help save the planet, many individuals and companies alike are starting to take steps to reduce carbon emissions.
One of the latest companies to join the cause is Maybelline New York, with the announcement of its latest sustainability program, Conscious Together.
The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025, in addition to its other goals. The purpose of the program is to “create a more responsible business model for the brand” with a goal “to reduce its impact on the planet.”
By 2030, the company hopes the achieve the following:
- Have all its plastic packaging made from 100% recycled plastic.
- Develop makeup recycling technologies with global sustainability consultancy the South Pole.
- Achieve carbon neutrality by 2025.
- Reduce carbon emissions from its full product lifecycle by 50% by 2030.
- Have 95% of ingredients be bio-based and derived from abundant minerals or circular processes.
Maybelline has already been at work in the sustainability space, replacing 600 tons of virgin plastic with recycled plastic since 2018, according to a press release. Hopefully, they can stick with the goals laid out in their Conscious Together program to create a more sustainable planet.
- Amazon Pledges Carbon Neutrality by 2040!
- Gucci Is Now Carbon Neutral!
- Kylie Jenner Releases Clean Vegan Makeup Line for 24th Birthday
- Lady Gaga Launching Vegan, Cruelty-Free Makeup!
- Japan Pledges To Be Carbon Neutral By 2050
- Bezos Pledges To Make Amazon Carbon Neutral, His Employees Don’t Think It’s Enough
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!