Over 762,000 pounds of Hot Pockets were recalled because they may be “contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of glass and hard plastic,” according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on January 15.
Source: CBS New York/YouTube
Per the NSIS, these are subject to recall: “54-oz carton packages containing 12 “Nestlé HOT POCKETS BRAND SANDWICHES: PREMIUM PEPPERONI MADE WITH PORK, CHICKEN & BEEF PIZZA GARLIC BUTTERY CRUST” with a “BEST BEFORE FEB 2022” date and lot codes 0318544624, 0319544614, 0320544614, and 0321544614.”
Four consumers reached out to Nestle, the makers of Hot Pockets, to report non-edible substances in the product. According to FSIS, one person reported a “minor oral injury” after eating a contaminated Hot Pocket.
“The quality, safety and integrity of Nestlé USA and Hot Pockets products remain our No. 1 priority,” Nestlé said. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this action represents to both our consumers and retail customers.”
Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Make your own pocket recipes at home:
- Braided Breakfast Calzone
- Deluxe Pizza Pocket
- Potato Cheese Pockets
- Vegan Pepperoni Pan Pizza
- Buffalo Cauliflower Calzones with Cashew Blue Cheese
- Sushi Grains in Fried Tofu Pockets
- Crispy Lasagna Pockets
- USDA Recalls Lean Cuisine Meal Products
- Ready-to-Eat Mexican Foods Recalled Due to Plastic Contamination
- Sportmix Pet Food Issues Recall
- Hundreds of People Across the Country Infected by Parasite From Bagged Salad Mix
- Frozen Chicken Wings & Shrimp Test Positive for COVID-19
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!