Rolls-Royce and easyJet announced this week that they had successfully carried out the ground test of a jet engine that used hydrogen produced from tidal and wind power.
Source: Hydrogen News/Youtube
In a statement, aerospace company Rolls-Royce (not the cars), said that this was a huge milestone and said it was “the world’s first run of a modern aero engine on hydrogen.”
The test was confused at an outdoor site in the United Kingdom and used a converted regional aircraft engine. The hydrogen came from facilities at the European Marine Energy Centre, which has become a huge leader in the development of wave and tidal power.
Source: We Are FINN/Youtube
More research and testing are needed, but this method is promising and could prove to be great for the airline industry.
Sign this petition to renew tax credits for renewable energy.
- These Scotland Homes Will Be Powered by Green Hydrogen Gas
- Feldheim: A Tiny German Town That Hasn’t Worried About Energy Bills in a Decade
- Homes Switching to Electric Leaf Blowers Amid the Climate Crisis
- Amtrak Pledges Net-Zero Emissions by 2045
- Hydrogen: Green Super Star or Front for Fossil Fuel Supporters?
- Scientists Figure Out How to Produce Hydrogen at Room Temperature Without the Need for Fossil Fuels
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!