A new report put together by White Coat Waste Project (WCW) documents how FDA red tape is making drug makers complete cruel and unnecessary tests on dogs. 200 drug applications submitted in the past twenty years find what drug makers have to do to dogs to win regulatory approval. The results are harrowing.
According to the report, puppies as young as one week old are poisoned with experimental drugs. Puppies are made to ingest harmful substances. And what happens to puppies from these terrible tests? Many are paralyzed, blinded, or experience convulsions.
Justin Goodman, vice president of advocacy and public policy at taxpayer watchdog group White Coat Waste Project said in an emailed statement, “Our first-of-its-kind analysis in Broken Bureaucracy details how century-old FDA red tape is still coercing companies to force feed thousands of puppies massive amounts of experimental drugs and, in some cases, literally tape the dogs’ mouths shut to keep them from throwing up the deadly doses. This heavy-handed bureaucracy has continued for decades even though companies would prefer to use modern alternatives that are more accurate and cost-efficient. Cutting FDA’s animal testing red tape will save puppies from wasteful and painful government-mandated tests, allow drug makers to avoid needless animal testing red tape, and get consumers safe drugs more quickly and inexpensively, a call with particular urgency as we continue to confront COVID-19.”
Members of Congress have rallied behind laboratory dogs, pushing for Preventing Unkind and Painful Procedures and Experiments on Respected Species (PUPPERS) Act to end experiments on dogs that include drilling into dogs’ skulls, inducing heart attacks, and collapsing their lungs.
Animal testing is a useless and unethical part of scientific research, the testing is found to be ineffective, as 95% of drugs that pass animal tests fail on humans. Numerous companies are standing up against animal testing and recently the USDA made a decision to eliminate some mammalian testing by 2025 but there’s more to be done and it’s time countries ban animal experimentation altogether as it hurts humans as well.
Sign this petition and ask Congress to pass the Humane Research and Testing Act of 2021 without delay!
- This International Rabbit Day Pledge to Live Cruelty-Free, End Animal Testing and Support the Humane Cosmetics Act!
- Bipartisan Bill to Connect Retired Government Lab Animals With Adopted Homes
- Rand Paul Calls Out Wasteful Spending of U.S. Taxpayer Money on Animal Testing
- Stop Horrifying Lab Experiments that Damage Monkey Brains With Acid
- Dog Breeders are Selling Unwanted Puppies to Animal Testing Labs
- Various Animal Testing Violations Found at Government Labs
- 5 Extremely Unnecessary and Inhumane Experiments Done on Animals
- New Bill Introduced to End FDA Dog Testing
- Veterans Affairs Under Fire For Spending Over $8 Million in Taxpayer Money on Horrific Cat Experiments for Medical Research
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!