These super simple dog treats are grain-free, making them perfect for any pup! And — bonus alert — the parsley in the treats acts as a breath freshener! Your dog is totally going to love you for making these.
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Dog Treats
vegan, grain-free, wheat-free
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 3 cups garbanzo bean flour (or half whole wheat, half all-purpose)
- 2 Tbs dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water, and oil.
- In another bowl combine flour and parsley.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick. Cut shapes out of dough (I used a two inch biscuit cutter). Transfer to prepared cookie sheets, leaving about a 1/4″ between treats (they don’t spread a lot). If desired, score treats with a fork to prevent puffing.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before letting your doggies have a taste.
These sound great! Can I substitute another flour for these? Maybe oat, or another GF flour?