Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The activists surrounded her car shouting “Shame on you,” “You’re a monster,” and “Animals are skinned alive,” according to TMZ. Protestors blocked her car as Jenner tried to leave the scene as quickly as possible.
Jenner has been called out by activists before for wearing a fox-fur trimmed coat in December 2019. She was also called out in May of 2019 for wearing feathers at the Met Gala. In January 2020, she also received backlash for posting about the animals in the Australian bushfire shortly before posting a picture in mink fur slippers. Activists have stated that they will continue to protest until she denounces and stops wearing fur.
View this post on Instagram
Canada Goose recently announced it would begin to phase out using fur in its jackets. Other large fashion brands including Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Zara, Versace, Michael Kors, and Gucci have all stopped using fur.
Fur farming involves the confinement of animals in tiny cages that get caked with feces, which cause animals extreme physical harm and emotional distress. Then they are “beaten, gassed, electrocuted, and possibly skinned alive.”
Sign this petition to Ban Fur Farms in the U.S.
- Demand Nike and Puma Stop Using Kangaroo Skin in their Products
- Ban Fur Farms in the U.S.
- End the Chinchilla Fur Trade in the U.S. and E.U.
- Ask Etsy to Stop Allowing the Sale of Fur
- Ban Trapping Animals for Fur in the U.K.
Read more coverage of the fur industry’s cruelty:
- Dutch Fur Farms Have Killed A Million Mink During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- Canada Goose to Stop Using New Fur in their Outerwear Starting 2022!
- Man Snares and Bludgeons Foxes to Death in UK National Park to Sell Fur to Sweden
- Need Another Reason to Stop Buying Fur? Watch this Sad Footage of Mink Attacking Each Other at a Lithuanian Fur Farm
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!