Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The story of how Thor eventually got his indoor pool. Hopefully, this answers a lot of questions we get.
Every dog has its day, and for Thor, a Boston Terrier from British Columbia, Canada, it’s any day he can take a dip. This water-loving pooch is making waves on TikTok, thanks to his enthusiastic swimming sessions in his very own indoor pool!
Lisa Mazurek, Thor’s human, noticed his fondness for swimming during their outings to nearby lakes. Despite being told that Boston Terriers typically don’t enjoy swimming, Thor broke the mold. He would eagerly follow his human dad into the water, and thus began his aquatic adventures.
During the colder months, Thor missed his beloved swimming sessions. So, Lisa and her partner, Garnett Ryshak, came up with a warm solution. They installed an indoor pool in their garage, a sanctuary for Thor to splash around, regardless of the weather. Now, this lucky pup enjoys three to four daily swims in either his summer or winter pool.
This doggy’s delight has resonated with viewers on TikTok, garnering over 345,000 views and 67,000 likes. Thor’s joy is infectious, leading one viewer to comment, “Not only is Thor living his best life, reading these comments, the joy he brings to so many people it’s amazing.”
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Two Neighbor Dogs Finally Get the Playdate They’ve Been Waiting For
- Indy the Flirt: Rescue Dog’s Day at The Park Goes Viral
- Puppy Protector: Tiny Guard Dog’s Instant Transformation
- Five Bernese Collies Dogs Seeking Home After Heartwarming Rescue
- Dog’s Reaction After Trying a Strawberry Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!