A video of a blind and deaf dog realizing that his human has come home has gone viral on TikTok, melting other users’ hearts.
The video of the sweet dog named Jasper has been viewed over 760k times and has over 70k likes.
Came home from work and Jasper was still asleep so I decided to test to see how his senses were. The answer is not great. Please excuse the state of the floor – laminate is expensive and isn’t the top of our priority list 😂. I also need to fix the kitchen draw that’s hanging off 😭. #fypシ #fy #fyp #dogsoftiktok #blinddog #blinddogsoftiktok #dogs #olddogsoftiktok
Jasper is blind and deaf so his human has to find other ways to let him know when she gets home. In the video, @blackwings_wolf decided to test his senses when she got home from work and to see if Jasper could tell.
Deaf animals have lost one of their five senses, so it is important to be aware that this can affect their behavior. Some deaf pets might be more alert or have high stress. They might even have separation anxiety and want to be near you at all times. It is essential to remember that any behavioral issues they might have could always be related to deafness. They may take a bit more patience than other animals, but they are worth it!
“Normally I come in and greet him straight away but I wanted to test to see how his senses were,” the TikTok video text read.
That’s when it’s obvious that Jasper can sense something is up. His tail starts wagging faster, and his human whistles, which is one of the only sounds that Jasper can hear now. Finally, he realizes that she is home, and he jumps up and greets her.
According to the woman, Jasper has been going blind since the age of three but recently lost his hearing. He is adapting well to the changes and is not in any pain. She added, “He loves walks and beach trips.”
To see more adorable Jasper content, follow @blackwings_wolf on TikTok!
If you are wondering how to best care for a deaf animal, check out 7 Ways to Care for a Deaf Animal! It should help shed some light on the situation. Having a deaf animal will have certain challenges and require a few tweaks to your lifestyle but these tips should help you learn how to take care of your deaf pet and make their life a little bit easier!
- This Woman Was Always a Dog Person Until She Rescued a Blind Cat
- Starving Blind Puppy Rescued From Side of Road
- Blind Dog Saved From Suspected Dogfighting Now Rides in Special Wagon
- 7 Ways to Care for a Deaf Animal
- Deaf Puppy Finds the World’s Best Home With Hearing Impaired Little Girl (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!