Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Bin, an adorable puppy with a rare birth defect who resides at the Saved Souls Foundation in Khon Kaen, Thailand is warming hearts everywhere. The nonprofit rescue center was founded in 2010 by Swiss-born Gabriela Leonhard and is home to over 400 dogs and 90 cats, all of whom are disabled, blinded, neglected, abused, or saved from the cruel meat trade.
At just 8 months old, Bin has already become an internet sensation thanks to his remarkable ability to overcome his unique challenge. In a heartwarming video that recently went viral, Bin is seen walking on just two legs, as his front legs are misaligned due to his birth defect. However, this hasn’t dampened his enthusiasm for life one bit.
Bin, whose name means ‘to fly’ in Thai, was brought to the foundation when he was just one month old. Born as one of four puppies at a rice farm, he was the only one with an unusual birth defect. Since December 18, 2022, he has been lovingly cared for at the Saved Souls Foundation, where he shares a sand enclosure with other disabled dogs and spends his afternoons playing joyfully in the dog park.
Maxim Thibodeau, who is 37 years old, and his wife are volunteers at the foundation, where they live as well. Maxim expressed his admiration for the resilient little pup, stating, “A vet from The Netherlands came to see Bin a few months ago and recommended against amputation because Bin is not in pain and surgery would greatly decrease his mobility.” Therefore, the shelter decided to provide him with the best life possible without resorting to surgery.
Watching Bin’s uplifting journey, it is evident that he doesn’t perceive himself as disabled; instead, he adapts gracefully to his unique circumstances. This resilience is a characteristic shared by many disabled animals, as they seem to instinctively understand how to adjust to their new reality.
Bin’s front legs, though in an unusual position, still serve a purpose, aiding him in finding balance as he moves around. Despite his condition, he exudes joy and enthusiasm, lovingly engaging with other dogs and exploring the world around him.
Maxim Thibodeau, who is deeply invested in the well-being of the animals at the Saved Souls Foundation, uses social media platforms to share videos and content about the animals, thereby raising awareness about their conditions and garnering Support and donations from the public.
In response to a recent Reddit video featuring Bin’s joyous spirit, users flooded the comments section with heartfelt reactions. One user, i-drink-soy-sauce, wrote, “It’s wonderful of you two to give these dogs the chance to live a happy life! I have never seen such a birth defect like Bin has, but he seems so happy.”
Bin’s story serves as a powerful reminder of the resilience and strength that can be found in the most unexpected places. He embodies the true essence of living life to the fullest, regardless of any obstacles that come his way. The Saved Souls Foundation’s unwavering commitment to providing a haven for disabled animals like Bin is commendable and offers hope to countless other creatures in need.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Disabled Dog Abandoned By Owners Twice in One Day
- Disabled Dog Can’t Walk Very Far So Her Incredible Rescuer Carries Her So She Never Misses Out (PHOTOS)
- Disabled Dog Finds Perfect Forever Home With a Man Who Also Uses a Wheelchair (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Rescued a Sick, Disabled Dog and Changed His Life Forever
- Disabled Cat Was About To Be Euthanized Until This Woman Took Her Home
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!