Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When @jacq53e went to adopt a dog named Yogi, it quickly went from one of the best days to one of the scariest. Yogi was surrendered by his previous family and had spent most of his life living outside. Yogi was timid, and it seemed to be maybe one of his first rides in a car. His new human rolled down the window a little to see if he enjoyed the fresh air. That’s when the unimaginable happened, and it was all caught on camera because the woman never hit stop on her video. Yogi somehow squeezed out of the small opening in the window and fell out.
The woman immediately pulled over and went to go get Yogi. She was terrified and brought him back to the car. She picked him up, put him in, and tried to calm down. It turns out that Yogi had squeezed out of a small 6-inch crack in the window. She took him to the vet and found out that he was fine and had no broken bones or serious injuries. He is now settling into his new home.
In a Yogi update, @jacq53e says that he is going great and loving his new life!
We are so happy that this was only a minor scare and that Yogi is ok, healthy, and thriving in his new environment!
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Mexico’s Beloved Search and Rescue Dog Named Frida Has Passed Away
- Florida Officials Rescue Dog Thrown Off of Bridge in Plastic Container
- This Matted Rescue Dog Gets a Brilliant Makeover
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped at Bottom of a Mysterious 15-Foot Hole
- Biden Gets New Puppy and Rehomes Rescue Dog
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!