Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
SWFD’s Squad 3 and District Chief 2 arrived on the scene and assessed the air quality of the confined space with a gas monitor. Once it was determined that the space was safe to proceed, firefighters secured a ladder into the hole and attached a rescuer safety line.
Firefighters then climbed down the ladder and made contact with the scared dog, who was very relieved to finally be getting out of the hole. They safely secured the dog to a harness and ascended back up the ladder with the dog in hand!
Thankfully, the dog was in good condition and did not appear injured, reported South Walton Fire District. Walton County Animal Control and Walton County Public Works later arrived at the scene to evaluate the health condition of the dog and fill the hole to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again, to animals or people.
“We are very grateful to have been a part of this happy ending and appreciate the professional and quick work of all responding agencies,” said South Walton Fire District.
- An Atlanta dog needed more than $1,000 in surgeries. A NYC rescue helped
- Heartwarming reunion of Husky with owner after violence in Bucha
- Woman Reunites With Missing Dog Thanks to Kind Stranger Who Transported Pup 500 Miles
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement!
- Dog Reunited with Family After Being Separated in Home Explosion
- Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner After a Year Apart
- Sick Pup Abandoned by Cruel Humans Who Removed His Microchip Finally Gets a Happy Ending (VIDEO)
- Senior Dog With a Microchip Found on the Streets, But Her Family’s Response Was Heartbreaking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!