Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Known as man’s best friend, dogs are unbelievably loyal creatures. Estimates suggest that canines were the first domesticated animals, first joining forces with humans roughly 12,000 to 30,000 years ago. Since then, they have been beloved companions. However, the actions of one dog named Morgan show how truly deep the human-canine bond can be.
Morgan’s human was admitted to Manila Central University Hospital with COVID-19 over a year ago. While his person was in the hospital, the unbelievably loyal dog waited day and night on the street in front of the building. Sadly, the human passed away due to the virus. However, loyal Morgan never gave up hope that they would be reunited. Although his human family tried to collect Morgan and bring him home, the dog would escape and return to wait in front of the building.
Morgan waited in front of the hospital for a year. During that time, hospital staff and passersby were amazed by the dog’s refusal to give up hope. Although they were scared to contact animal authorities for fear the dog would be euthanized, hospital staff fed, watered, and gave affection to Morgan. Eventually, they contacted an animal rescue organization in the Philippines. The Animal Kingdom Foundation collected Morgan and is rehabilitating the dog. They hope that soon, Morgan will be able to find a new home with another human for the unbelievably loyal dog to love.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Loyal Dog Refused to Leave Paralyzed Friend Despite Her Emaciated State
- Loyal Dog Held Vigil Over His Best Friend for Hours After She Was Killed by a Car
- This Loyal Dog Waited With His Family’s Belongings After They Abandoned Him on the Curb
- Loyal Dog Stayed With 2-Year-Old Boy Who Was Lost in a Cornfield Until Rescuers Found Him
- Loyal Dog Spends 15 Days Without Food by His Guardian’s Grave
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!