Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A heartwarming video recently went viral on TikTok of two dogs patiently waiting for their other dog friends to arrive, and when they finally do, oh boy, are the pups excited.
I look forward to seeing this daily, sometimes its in the morning, sometimes in the evening… it reminds me that life is beautiful and the littlest things really do matter 🤍 i hope these people don’t move away! #bestfriend #friendshipgoals #dogtoktik #doglove #dogsoftiktok #littlethings
What’s better than a dog playdate? In this adorable video with nearly 700,000 views, two dogs can be seen anxiously waiting on the street with their human. The pups are waiting for their other dog friends to come and when they finally do, the dogs’s can’t contain their excitement.
Dog playdates are beneficial for dogs in several ways. Firstly, playdates offer a chance for socialization, allowing dogs to learn how to interact and communicate with other dogs in a safe and controlled environment. Additionally, playdates provide an opportunity for exercise, helping dogs to burn off excess energy and stay physically fit. Dogs also require mental stimulation, and playdates offer new sights, sounds, and smells for dogs to explore, which can be mentally stimulating.
Playdates can also be used as an opportunity for owners to train their dogs and reinforce positive behaviors. Finally, dogs that regularly participate in playdates tend to have better behavior because they become more comfortable and confident around other dogs and people. Check out these 8 Enriching and Fun Games to Play with Your Dog!
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Abandoned Puppies Rescued by TikToker and Her Dog During Their Walk
- After Living on the Streets For So Long, Dog Finally Relaxes When He Realizes He Is in Caring Hands [Video]
- Philadelphia Veterinarians Save Dog’s Life After Suspected Accidental Drug Overdose
- Petition: Sentence This Man to a Lifetime Ban on Animal Ownership For Burying His Dog Alive
- 10 Dog Sledding Competitions That Still Exist in 2023
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!