Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It was a typical day for John Debacker, an experienced cat rescuer, until he received a call about a cat trapped in the middle of the Grand Central Parkway in New York City. Knowing the dangers of the four lanes of heavy traffic, Debacker rushed to the scene, accompanied by his friend Karenlynn Stracher.
As they approached the scared cat standing on the center median, they knew they had to act quickly and carefully. With cars speeding past them, they walked along the median until the cat was right before them. Debacker tried to grab her with a blanket, but she ran away, eventually crossing the eastbound lanes and being hit by a car.
Debacker immediately rushed to the cat, whom he named Miracle, and with the help of Stracher, he secured her in a trap and took her to the emergency vet. Miraculously, Miracle had no visible injuries and was in nearly perfect shape.
Thanks to Debacker’s scanning for a microchip, Miracle was reunited with her parents, who were over a mile away from where she was found. Today, Miracle is back home, safe and sound, and her parents are thankful for Debacker’s heroic actions.
The rescue of Miracle highlights the importance of rescuing animals in need and taking precautions to prevent such incidents. It is essential to remember that the lives of animals are just as valuable as those of humans and that we all have a responsibility to ensure their safety.
One way to help animals like Miracle is to Donate to Debacker’s organization, the Long Island Cat/Kitten Solution, Inc., which rescues, rehabilitates, and rehomes cats and kittens in need. By supporting organizations like this, we can ensure that more animals receive the care they deserve and are rescued from dangerous situations like Miracle’s.
The story of Miracle’s rescue reminds us that we can all make a difference in the lives of animals, and that it is essential to act quickly and carefully when we encounter animals in distress. By supporting organizations like the Long Island Cat/Kitten Solution, Inc., we can help ensure that more animals like Miracle receive the help they need to live happy and healthy lives.
- Blind Cat Rescued From Rubble After Tornado Destroyed Texas Animal Shelter
- Cat Rescued Two Weeks After Escaping Crate at Airport
- Feral Cat Rescuer Wants to Get Black Community Involved in Trap-Neuter-Return Programs
- Cat Rescued After Escaping from Dogfighting Ring
- Carol Baskin’s Sanctuary Big Cat Rescue Granted Control of Joe Exotic’s Former Zoo
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!