Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Although dogs experience TV very differently from humans, that does not mean they have no interest in onscreen happenings. Dogs’ vision is quite different from that of humans. So instead of relying heavily on sight, they may glean the majority of their information from other sources. However, dogs may still be intrigued by some visuals and sounds in certain movies or TV programs. This is proved by one Beaglier named Ollie, who can be seen being spooked by an onscreen jump scare by a feline character in The Secret Life of Pets.
His favourite movie! 🥰😍 #secretlifeofpets
In a video shared to @olliethebeaglier, the young Beaglier can be seen attentively focused on the onscreen action during “His favorite movie!” When a cat character pops out of a flower pot, the dog’s feet can be seen twitching as he flinches slightly in reaction to the unexpected leap. However, Ollie continues to attentively pay attention to the action.
Viewers were amazed by the pup’s focus. “Why can’t my dog be an iPad or TV kid” wrote GRoz3y29. The TikTok clip of the Beaglier has been liked nearly 854,000 times.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog REALLY Loves Watching Tennis on TV (Video)
- Siberian Husky Turns TV Time Into a Hilarious Howling Spectacle
- 5 Times Animals Enjoyed Binge-Watching TV More Than You
- Dog TV Network Launches to Help Stress and Behavioral Problems
- Viral Video of Cat Watching TV Has the Internet Obsessed
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!