Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Pets can be some of the cutest and funniest creatures around. From their silly antics to their adorable faces, it’s no wonder why so many of us adore them so much. One of the best things about having a pet is the joy they bring to our lives with their unique habits. Here are some of the most common pet quirks that make us laugh and smile!
Pet zoomies are bursts of energy that many pets experience. They usually involve running around, jumping, and being very active. Zoomies can happen at any time, and are most common in puppies, but can also occur in cats, rabbits, and other animals. They are an adorable way for pets to release pent-up energy and can be a fun way to play with your pet!
2. Following Us Around
Our pets often follow us around because they love us and want to be near us. They are loyal and devoted to us, and they want to be part of our lives. They also want to be sure that we are safe and that they can protect us if needed. The cute and loyal behavior is also a way for pets to stay engaged and entertained, keeping them mentally and physically stimulated.
3. Curling Up In a Ball
The sight of a pet curled up in a ball is often enough to make any pet owner’s heart melt. This behavior is instinctive and is seen in many animals, including cats, and dogs. When animals curl up in a ball, it is a way for them to conserve heat and stay warm. Curling up in a ball can also be a sign that they feel comfortable and are creating a safe space for themselves.
4. Smiling With Their Teeth
Pets smiling with their teeth is one of the cutest things ever! It’s a sign of happiness and contentment, and it’s a way for them to show us that they’re happy and comfortable with us. When a pets smile with their teeth, it’s usually accompanied by a relaxed body posture and a wagging tail. This is a sign that they’re feeling safe and secure with us, and that they’re happy to be around us.
5. Wagging Tails
Pets wagging their tails is one of the most endearing and recognizable behaviors. It’s a sign of happiness and contentment, and it’s undeniably cute. Tail wagging is a form of communication that our pets use to express their emotions. Dogs, in particular, use their tails to express a variety of emotions, including happiness, excitement, and even fear. When a dog is happy and content, they will often wag their tail in a wide arc, which is a sign of joy and playfulness.
Source: Alexander Sobol/shutterstock
Pets love to sunbathe for a variety of reasons. For one, it’s a great way for them to get some much-needed Vitamin D, and it helps to keep their skin and coat healthy. Sunbathing also helps to keep their body temperature regulated, which is especially important for animals with thick fur coats. Finally, sunbathing is just plain cute! Watching your pet bask in the sun is a great way to bring a smile to your face. It’s a great reminder of how much joy our pets bring to our lives.
7. Licking Us
Pets licking us is a behavior that has been observed in many species of animals, including cats, dogs, and even horses. One of the most common reasons why pets lick us is to show affection. This is especially true for cats and dogs, who often lick their owners to show that they care and love them. Licking is also a grooming behavior and releases pleasurable endorphins in a pet’s brain, creating a positive reinforcement. Finally, it’s just plain adorable, and a reminder that we are loved and appreciated!
Purring is one of the most recognizable sounds that cats make. While cats are the most well-known purrers, other animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and even some species of birds can also purr. Pets purr as a way to communicate and express contentment, relaxation, and comfort. Purring can also serve as a self-soothing mechanism, helping the pet to calm down during stressful or painful situations. The sound of a purring cat or other pet can also have a calming effect on their owners, which is why many people find it cute!
- FINALLY! Congress Passes The Big Cat Public Safety Act in Groundbreaking Decision
- The Conservation Game: New Documentary Exposes Big Cats Exploited on TV
- Indiana Passes Law To Prohibit Public Contact With Big Cats and Bears
- Why We Need to Stop Cross-Breeding and Inbreeding Big Cats for Profit
- Big Cat Public Safety Act to Be Voted On Today
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!