With bananas, apples, oats, puffed amaranth, almonds, prunes and dates mixed within this wholesome bar you can feel good about eating and sharing them! Plus, they make the perfect after school snack! :)
Nutrient-Dense Granola Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup organic raw almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup amaranth flakes cereal
- 16 prunes
- 14 dates
- 1 green apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together almond butter, mashed bananas, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Chop the prunes and dates, or pulse in a food processor until chunky. Mix in with the dry ingredients, add the almond butter and use your hands to work together until mixed well.
- Cut the green apple into bite sized chunks and incorporate into the mixture.
- Place mixture in a lightly oiled or parchment lined 8X8 dish or two loaf pans, pressing ingredients down tightly. Moisten hands with water to assist.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let set for 15 minutes on a cooling rack and cut into 18 bars. Wet knife in-between to prevent sticking if needed.
- Wrap individually for on the go snacks, leave on the counter, place in fridge or even freeze for future snack-opportunities!