Sweet Potato Bruschetta [Vegan]
- 1 large Sweet Potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch thick ‘coins’ (unpeeled)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- ½ Avocado, peeled and chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh Basil leaves
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 450F (or a little higher if your oven is not fan-forced).
- Grease a baking tray with oil and rub the potato coins in the oil, being sure to coat both sides. Lay coins flat on the tray in a single layer and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast potato coins, undisturbed, for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully flip coins over – the undersides should be dark golden brown. If they’re not, let them roast a little longer.
- Return to the oven and allow to roast for another 10 minutes or so – until the tops match the undersides.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, tomatoes and avocado in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from oven and place onto serving plates.
- Top each coin with bruschetta salad mix and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, serve, and enjoy!