A tasty vegan appetizer or snack with a Mediterranean twist; smashed potatoes with vegan sun-dried tomato pesto. This pesto has a few simple ingredients that pack a ton of flavor. Whether you’re making these for a tasty snack or as a party appetizer, you will have people coming back for more.
Smashed Potatoes With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1.5 pounds small golden potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil, for topping (optional)
- Prepare sun-dried tomato pesto according to instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and place on the stove. Bring water to a boil and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash each potato until flat. Drizzle olive oil and garlic powder over potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving plate and drizzle with sun-dried tomato pesto. Top with additional basil and serve.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes