This curry is to die for! Chickpeas and spinach are blanketed in a rich, red pepper and coconut sauce. What more could you want for dinner?
Roasted Red Pepper, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
- 14 ounces red bell peppers (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 pinch of sea salt and pepper
- About 1 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Bake the red bell peppers at 428°F for about 30 minutes until charred. Remove skin, seeds and stems, then set aside.
- While the red bell pepper is roasting, heat up a pan and sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until golden brown and season generously with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a blender mix peppers, onion and garlic, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch and smoked paprika until well combined. If needed season some more with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a skillet, add chickpeas, spinach and halved tomatoes and bake in the oven at 392°F for about 30 minutes. Serve with rice or freshly baked naan.