This curry is to die for! Chickpeas and spinach are blanketed in a rich, red pepper and coconut sauce. Not only is it spicy and fragrant, it is also good for you. If you’re looking for something that is rich in iron, look no further. What more could you want for dinner?This curry is to die for! Chickpeas and spinach are blanketed in a rich, red pepper and coconut sauce. What more could you want for dinner?
Roasted Red Pepper, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14 ounces red bell peppers (about 3 large peppers)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 pinch of sea salt and pepper
- About 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 1/4 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Bake the red bell peppers at 425°F for about 30 minutes until charred. Remove skin, seeds, and stems, then set aside.
- While the red bell pepper is roasting, heat up a pan and sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until golden brown and season generously with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a blender mix peppers, onion and garlic, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, and smoked paprika until well combined. If needed, season some more with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a skillet, add chickpeas, spinach and halved tomatoes and bake in the oven at 390°F for about 30 minutes. Serve with rice or freshly baked naan.