This recipe artfully combines the savory, hearty aspects of lentils with the sweet and tangy qualities of rhubarb into one stellar soup. It’s the perfect soup to sip while you watch a summer storm or a spring shower. And the best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make.
Rhubarb Lentil Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 cup of chopped rhubarb
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- Heat a medium sized pot on the stove at a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and the carrots.
- Sautée the carrots for 8-10 minutes, then add the celery and sautée the mixture for a few more minutes.
- Rinse your lentils and then add them with the vegetable bouillon cubes, water, and tomatoes.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb and parsley and cook everything for another 10 minutes.