The base of these brownies is super fudgy and all about the chocolate. The top layer is a decadent matcha cream that’s super simple and has a beautiful green color.
Raw Matcha Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chocolate Base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Matcha Layer:
- 3/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons. maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
To Make the Chocolate Base:
- Process the walnuts in your food processor until fine.
- Add the cashew butter and maple syrup to combine. While your food processor is running, gradually add in the dates until there are no longer large pieces of dates.
- Add remaining ingredients and process to combine fully.
- Press chocolate mixture into a lined baking dish evenly and place in your freezer while you make the matcha layer.
To Make the Matcha Layer:
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and mix for just a few seconds to combine. Careful not to over mix, or the oils will start to separate.
- Spread the matcha mixture over the top of the chocolate base, return the pan to the freezer for at least an hour before removing the brownies from the pan and cut into 16 bars.
- Store in your fridge or freezer.