My recipe uses a different crust, a combination of walnuts and dried figs I personally find irresistibly delicious. And the filling is with twisted proportions, which also compliments it better. I bought a raw vegan organic chocolate this week, which turned out a bit of a disaster, so I incorporated it in the cream. The store bough chocolate can be easily substituted with cacao butter and powder, but if you do have a chocolate at home you find uneatable, just throw it in there…
Sprinkle it with raw cacao powder right before serving and you’ll have it. The best raw chocolate cake ever!
Raw Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
For the Raw Chocolate Cake Crust:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the Raw Chocolate Cake Cream:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup spring water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 melted raw vegan chocolate bar
- 1/3 to 1 cup maple syrup, agave nectar, or date paste
To Make the Raw Chocolate Cake Crust:
1. Blend everything together using the S blade for 1 minute.
2. Spread evenly on the bottom of a cake form.
3. Keep in the fridge while making the filling.
To Make the Raw Chocolate Cake Cream:
1. Soak the cashews for 1-2 hours. Throw the soaking water and wash them with cold water.
2. Blend the cashews, the spring water and the sweetener until nice and smooth.
3. Melt the coconut oil and the chocolate using hot water bath.
4. Add them to the blended cashews and blend again.
5. Taste your cream, if it’s too sweet – add a little bit of cacao powder, if it’s too bitter – add more sweetener.
6. Pour the mixture over the crust and put back in the fridge to set for at least 4-5 hours.
7. Store the cake in the fridge and eat moderately.